Do you really know face cream?
What are face creams?Face cream is an oily protective film covering the skin, which effectively locks in moisture and nutrients needed by the skin. As people grow older, the physiological functions of the skin will gradually decline, and it is necessary to use creams to improve the skin's own resistance to changes in the years and the external environment.
The face cream is more moisturizing and rich in nutrients. Most face creams have multiple functions: moisturizing, nourishing, water locking, whitening, anti-aging, etc. The biggest function of face cream is to replenish water, which has a great effect in the dry climate in winter, and can make your dry skin into moist skin.
Why use face cream?
- Cover the skin surface to form an oily protective film, which effectively locks in moisture and nutrients.
- Constantly add sufficient moisture and nutrients to the skin.
- Repair fine lines and enhance skin resistance.
- Deeply activate cells and have the effect of supplementing collagen.
- Block the irritation of the skin by undesirable substances in the external environment.
Classification of face cream:
According to the state, face cream can be divided into: cream, lotion, gel, and repairing face cream.
- The cream is relatively thick, in the form of a paste, generally contains relatively little oil, and is mainly used for mixed skin and neutral skin; there is also a moisturizing ingredient, which is suitable for dry and sensitive skin. In addition to distinguishing the two from the product description, it can also be seen from the appearance that if it is relatively thin, like cheese, generally the fat content is not very high; if it is thick and shiny, like butter, then the fat The content is definitely high.
- Emulsion is thinner than cream and is in a semi-liquid state, but there are also two types of high-fat and low-fat. In addition to reading the product description, you can also test the high and low fat on the back of your hand. If it is absorbed after a while, it means that it is low-fat, suitable for normal skin, oily skin, and mixed skin; if it is more or less shiny after application, then the oil content is relatively high Generally suitable for dry and sensitive skin.
- Gel is usually a transparent or translucent gel, which is generally low in fat, so it is most suitable for oily skin, and it is also suitable for normal skin and mixed skin in summer. MMs with dry skin and sensitive skin can use this type of skin care product as a base cream.
- Repairing face cream/emulsion, generally in the form of cream and emulsion, the difference is that it adds more cosmetic ingredients (commonly known as foundation), and it has the effect of modifying the complexion and covering the marks.
According to the effect, face cream can be divided into: day cream and evening cream.
- Day cream, as the name suggests, is a face cream used during the day. During the day, the skin metabolizes in a harsh environment, and its biggest enemies are sunlight, air, and pollutants, and make-up also has certain adverse effects on the skin. So at this time, the skin most needs to isolate these "enemies" well. Day cream can protect the skin and let the skin get the best care.The day cream should be water-soluble, which is refreshing and does not need to be absorbed more by the skin.
- Night cream is a face cream used at night. From 11:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. is the time when skin cells grow and repair most vigorously. At this time, the speed of cell division is about 8 times faster than usual, so the absorption rate of skin care and nourishing products is particularly high. Therefore, what is most needed at this time is to nourish the skin, accelerate the metabolism of cells, and make the skin more elastic and delicate. The night cream focuses on nourishing and repairing.
Leave a comment